Tuesday 17 November 2009

Runs around The Botanical Garden

Time: 9.30am
To: 4 sets x 1 small and 1 big circular lap around Botanical Gardens
Terrain: Tarmac but one big slope!

Length: Each lap ?km
Time Taken: 1 hour 10 mins

It was a trial run today. I only had 6 hours sleep, I only had a cup of water and a sip of coffee before I went and there was a big slope to run up. I wore my new vest and pants for the first time and stopped after every set to sip some water. However I did forget to bring Jeremy's loaned digital watch and didn't pin my number on my vest.

At the last two stops, I tried both gels and they do indeed taste like banana and berries. It's like a very concentrated syrup but they were ok. I bought three more powerbar gels in Queensbay later - they were cheaper, look a bit bigger and the gold wrapping is nicer!

It became more like the big day when I went for work after my run (yes, my boss expects me to teach at 10am after finishing a marathon at 8am) and then I went to train the 6 KDU players who turned up (and technically two of them have already left KDU!). So it was a very full day and I was quite tired at the end of it all but I feel it was a good taste of what is to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment