Wednesday 11 November 2009

Run + Match

Time: 11am
From: Greenlane to Weld Quay

Length: 7.3km
Time Taken: 41mins

I was desperate to do a run today after a whole weekend of non-running and needed to clock a significant distance. Sadly I couldn't wake up early in the morning to do a 2 hour run in the gym due to the previous night's Bejeweled games... so I took my friend, Kaz's, advice and tried running to work as I needed to do a bit of marking and discuss marks with a fellow teacher. I've measured it previously on Google maps and it's approximately 7km but I decided to run on any side of the road where there was shade as it was 'a bit warm'. All in all an interesting run because there are so many different surfaces, vehicles to avoid and steps, slopes and drains. Not really training for marathon running - it felt more like free running - but something was better than nothing and I helped the environment too.

The worst thing about running to work is that you have to run back! After all you've got no car!

Time: 3.40pm
From: Weld Quay to Greenlane via bank

Length: 7.6km (different route!)
Time Taken: 44mins

Decided to eat chicken rice as a post run meal which was followed by a bowl of Baskin Robbins!



Played for PSC vs team in white
Time: 6pm
Score: Drew 1-1 (match abandoned at half time due to muddy pitch)

Played: Centre defence
Warm Up: See run above!

It's always interesting to see how the game will go after a long run - especially when you are playing with old men but it is a lot easier as my position is mainly defensive. However I did manage to make bursts upfield and thought I should have had a penalty after I pinched the ball from a defender who panicked and tried to clear it but whacked me on my left calf! Ref said I pushed him which was nonsense! Fortunately Hilme had already put us in the lead with a lob to the keeper's top left corner (we all thought he'd missed!) but they equalised when a low shot from the edge of the area went to Suresh's bottom left corner. I was all ready to play the second half too - I went to get longer studded boots - but when I ran back onto the pitch, everyone had walked off! Match Abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment