Thursday 29 October 2009

Run + Match!

Time: 5.15pm
From: Polo Field to Polo Field via Youth Park

Length: 7.5km
Time Taken: 45mins approx

My first run with an actual person in all my training. And not just anyone - it was my good friend, Kaz, who came all the way from KL via England to visit for just one day! And if that wasn't good enough, he's an experienced marathon runner having done London, Dublin, Berlin and Paris! It sure does make a difference having someone to chat to as you run and he gave me lots of invaluable tips such as leaning slightly forward on downhill stretches and running economically. Perhaps the biggest boost though was that he thinks I can actually finish the marathon! :)

Played for KDU vs PMC
Score: Drew 1-1 (match abandoned at half time)

Played: centre midfield (half game)
Warm Up: See run above!

I had the movement but I think the legs were a bit shaky when I actually had to receive the ball! Gave Muneer a few misplaced passes, hit a few nice ones for Jimmy to run onto and had one left footed cross that finished a foot wide of the far post. The match will also be remembered for the torrential rain that hit after a quarter of an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment