Wednesday 7 October 2009

Botanical Gardens Run

From: Greenlane
To: highest point in the Botanical Gardens via Youth Park

Length: 14.6km
Time Taken: 1hr 32mins

This was actually supposed to be a 2 hour run but it seems that I am faster than I thought! My other problem was that I wasn't carrying any water and in a daytime outdoor run in humid Penang which I suspect is slightly dangerous. However my mobile phone (also acting as a timer) would provide some sort of assistance - providing I hadn't passed out! I was tempted to ask passing tourists if they could spare some water but decided against coming off as a loony. The only 'people' I talked to were the monkeys at the youth park - and that was to give them fair warning so they wouldn't attack me!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I didn't run 14.6km today but I would have to say "Not such a good time." A good time is 1 hour, 1.10 maybe....

    I think longer runs is the key. By the end of the marathon, I am pretty sure you won't even care about the time!

    Kev

    ReplyDelete