Wednesday 23 September 2009

A Crazy Decision?

Whilst in the shower today, I decided to run a marathon. This is mainly because I swear I was going to do one once in my lifetime and secondly I've got no competitive football matches til next year! I'm aiming to take part in the Penang Bridge International Marathon which is on Sun 22 Nov (it's run at 2.30AM!) which gives me exactly 2 months to train for it.

Except I've no idea how to do that. I need all the advice and running schedules that I can get. Also bare in mind that it's my first marathon.

The longest previous distance I've run was the half marathon a few years ago. I managed to do that in 1hr 55mins with no training but I know for a fact that I won't be able to manage this one in the same way! Strangely I actually don't like running but never mind - I want to give my body a big push! I've got a pair of Reeboks which are fairly new but I've never been outdoor running in them and I'm really bad at measuring distance so maybe it's better to tell me to run for a particular length of time.

Ok guys, it's over to you. Any of you want to join me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment